Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Delete old business created by other vendor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I would like to request to delete a business which is flagged as permanently closed. The business location was created by somebody else which I don't have access to

The business location appears when I do a search in Google Singapore with "ST Electronics Data Centre Solutions Pte Ltd" (Company name) as the query. As the company have relocated to another address. I have created a new business location for the company. The company which can be found under this query, "ST Electronics (Data Centre Solutions) Pte Ltd #04-03 ST Engineering Hub, 1 Ang Mo Kio Electronics Park Road"

Are you able to help to remove the business which has been flagged as permanently closed as it will be displayed when people search on the company name?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Taufin R
March 2016

Re: Delete old business created by other vendor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Taufin R

Google doesn't remove businesses from its local database unless they are ineligible businesses. In this case, since the business was a local business, and has moved from its old location the 'Permanently Closed' sign will unfortunately appear for that old location.

You can do a couple of things though to make it less likely that Google shows that location for your company:

1. Embed a map of your company's location on your location page 

2. Increase the number of mentions of your new business address online - at the moment I couldn't find many references to your new business address at all.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Taufin R
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Taufin R

Google doesn't remove businesses from its local database unless they are ineligible businesses. In this case, since the business was a local business, and has moved from its old location the 'Permanently Closed' sign will unfortunately appear for that old location.

You can do a couple of things though to make it less likely that Google shows that location for your company:

1. Embed a map of your company's location on your location page 

2. Increase the number of mentions of your new business address online - at the moment I couldn't find many references to your new business address at all.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

We have embedded a map for my company's location on the location page. Could you please elaborate more on point 2?

Currently, when I do a searching on the company name, "ST Electronics Data Centre Solutions Pte Ltd", the old location was displayed. Only if I searched using "ST Electronics (Data Centre Solutions) Pte Ltd #04-03 ST Engineering Hub, 1 Ang Mo Kio Electronics Park Road" as query, I could see the new location

If the old is always be displayed whenever visitor searches on "ST Electronics Data Centre Solutions Pte Ltd", will it be possible that my new location will be displayed?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Taufin R

My point 2 refers to the amount of trust that google has in a business. The more mentions there are of a business with a specific address online, usually in online directories, the more trust Google has in that business actually existing.

At the moment it has more trust in your old location rather than your new one. So you need to increase the number of online mentions (citations is the technical term) of your business at its new address by listing it in the relevant online directories.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @PriyaC

I have done searching on the new address. It is mentioned in some of the websites below.
http://www.stengg.com/about-us/companies/electronics/stee-dcs
http://www.steedcs.com/index.php?option=com_facileforms&Itemid=2
http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=33800708
http://www.jobstreet.com.sg/en/companies/476435-st-electronics-data-centre-solutions-pte-ltd

Understanding your explanation that the new address needs more trust, does it need time too to gain trust if we have mentioned its new address in more relevant online directories?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Taufin R

Yes time will be a factor too :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @PriyaC,

Thanks for the advice. The new location can be found when we search "ST Electronics (Data Centre Solutions)" as the keyword

Cheers!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Excellent! Glad it has worked out for you.