My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Del. Google+ personal acc. add Google+ Bus. page, change superuser.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My domain host is Squarespace.com they control my site at the DNS level. My site is http://macadam.rocks

I have registered with Google my Business, when that was approved, I then created a new Google Account (an additional personal account) as part of my overall web presence for my site/business.

I'm a freelancer, so in effect, I'm the brand/product/business.

While completing this set up, I discovered that I'm doing it all wrong, and in fact need -and would prefer- a Google+ 'Page' as opposed to another Google+ personal account.

I started the process of deleting the surplus personal account, then realised that it is now tied to macadam.rocks at the google admin level.

There are two problems I can't resolve: Because my google business account is a basic user, I can't create a second 'user' (me) to promote to myself to new superuser, and delete my incorrect superuser identity liked to the Google+ account that needs to be deleted.

I do not want to delete my new Business account because getting a new postcard approval by snail mail to me is going to set me back weeks.

Because of this I can't move forward, and create a Google+ page for my domain, or a superuser linking back to my Google Business account OR personal account. 

Can anyone help?

Thank you In Advance!

William.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Williamm
November 2015

Re: Del. Google+ personal acc. add Google+ Bus. page, change superuser

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

https://myaccount.google.com/?utm_source=OGB is indeed your Google account.

We don't deal here about any questions about a Google account.

We try help here about any issues of your G+ stuff.

This URL should show you your personal profile plus.google.com/me

This URL should show you your G+ business pages: business.google.com/manage

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Williamm, how are things?

Our community is made mostly of volunteers. It can take some time for someone to answer your question, but usually someone will answer it.

You don't have to create the same post twice, just a little patience and wait for someone that can solve your problem.

As you've posted this question already on the topic below, I'd suggest for you to delete this duplicate post and follow on the original one:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Account-Access-Management/Delete-a-surplus-Google-account-...

Hope it helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I realised I posted in Analytics threads in error, so I copied this issue over to this thread, which is the appropriate thread, just prior to deleting it there, just in case I lost it during transfer, and had to retype it all over again. The original post has been deleted as of this post, thanks for letting me know someone is out there!
Will.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Williamm

Since the scope of this help forum are any issues of "GoogleMyBusiness"

and

to better understand your question

it might be very helpful to get provided from you all existent G+ stuff from you.

Up to now the only concrete info we got is the website in question:  http://macadam.rocks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the info Helmut,

I have the following personal account will.macadam@gmail.com this has G+ enabled. This also links to Analytics from a previous site that is now defunct.

will@macadam.rocks is the proxy account for my Google business account in other words this email functions on the Gmail platform

I have deleted the G+ associated with the account I created in error for http://macadam.rocks but the account will@macadam.rocks is still functional, and the user name is MAC ADAM a clumsy way to try to get my business name into a private account setting, that insists on at least two names. (Which should have alerted me something was not quite right. I just found out that businesses can have a G+ page today, by chance. If you need any more info to help you help me, I'll be happy to supply that.

So to recap: 

There are two problems I can't resolve: Because my google business account is a basic user, I can't create a second 'user' (me) to promote to myself to new superuser, and delete my incorrect superuser identity linked to the MAC ADAM account that needs to be deleted, without losing my will@macadam.rocks proxy.

I do not want to delete my new google business account 'macadam' because getting a new postcard approval by snail mail to me is going to set me back weeks.

Because of this I can't move forward, and create a new 'macadam' Google+ page for my domain, or a superuser linking back to my 'macadam' Google Business account OR personal account. 

Thank you.
Will.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

sorry @Williamm

you now provided some gmail addresses.

I was asking about G+ stuff. (G+ pages or G+ personal profiles)

Means I was asking for  the URL (or alternatively links) to your G+ personal profile and any G+ pages you are the owner of them.

Knowing your email is not helpful as we don't have any ability to sign into your Google account (which is apparently based on the mentioned above  gmail address)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
https://myaccount.google.com/?utm_source=OGB
That is what I see in the address bar when i click on my (logged in) MAC ADAM account. But it does not look right to me.

I always thought that the gmail address WAS the Google account. So clearly, I know zero about how to find the URL of a google account, and I'm not being facietios, I'm genuinely stumped! Any instructions please?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Williamm
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

https://myaccount.google.com/?utm_source=OGB is indeed your Google account.

We don't deal here about any questions about a Google account.

We try help here about any issues of your G+ stuff.

This URL should show you your personal profile plus.google.com/me

This URL should show you your G+ business pages: business.google.com/manage