Daniel Doors

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

723 Meadow View Dr. Nampa, ID 83651

208-880-7004

https://plus.google.com/115275129421797909622/about

My name is Nick Shultz. I am speaking on behalf of the owner of the company, Warren Daniel as his web designer for his new website. You may reach Warren at the above phone number for the business.

Please see this thread for a history of our issue and communication with ElizabethC, Helmut Geissler and PriyaC.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ownership-Conflicts/Someone-is-using-my-Business-informati...

An SEO company (Brand Rep) was hired awhile back that helped Warren claim his business listing to help him "optimize this information." They have ownership of the listing on a gmail account they solely own and control. The contract was canceled with them several months ago but they refuse to release ownership of the listing to Warren. The gmail account we want to use for ownership is <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>. We have attempted several times to verify a new listing but have not been successful due to a duplication issue shortly after having postcards sent. Reps for Google have been contacted several times and advised us that they will not help Warren (the owner of the company) take back ownership of his business's listing because the current owner will not authorize it. Brand Rep will not update info on the listing for Daniel Doors either because Warren stopped paying them a monthly sum of $79 when he canceled his contract. I started communication in the above mentioned thread to try and get some resolve for this situation. The thread was recently closed for further comments. Please let us know what we can do. This issue has dragged on for several months and everyone we try to speak to with your company for help shuts us down.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Daniel Doors

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Nick S

Please remove the email in the mean time.

What they are doing is against guidelines. Why did you attempt to create a duplicate, is that because business support would not transfer ownership back to you ?

I will escalate 

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you for editing out the email address.
Yes, I created the duplicate hoping I could get it verified and I made a suggested edit on the existing that it was the duplicate. Never could get the new listing verified though. I only did this because I could not get any help asking for ownership through the Google reps (call center in India maybe). Shooting in the dark hoping it would work. Thank you for escalating this. My buddies business is going through the same issue with the same firm. Will there be a solution made for business owners dealing with this issue without using this forum?. I would like to advise him where to go.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Nick S

I am surprised you had trouble using business support, because they recently updated the guidelines to stop this happening from companies holding business pages to ransom.

And all the ones I reported were removed from their account very promptly.

Would you mind sending me all their details, any emails from them. I won't publish anything until we get your page back for you. My Email

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Nick S

I guess i spoke to soon, and this is very strange.

Please request admin / ownership of the page again. Wait 7 days and contact business support.

https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Please keep me in the loop coz I am not best pleased with this answer.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Ok. I'm guessing there are new processes in place that will make it different this time. We've done this route twice already. I will keep you in the loop. Thank you.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Oddly enough when I go to that link you provided and search for my business "Daniel Doors," nothing comes up and it directs me to start a new one. I went back to the duplicate account and followed the steps in the Learn More link to request ownership. The Google + page of the duplicate listing we control is https://plus.google.com/115397502972339906626/about?gmbpt=true&hl=en&hl=en&_ga=1.205059728.105772847...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Nick S

Now I am confused.

You said that this company had ownership of your verified business page ?

So where is that ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
They do have ownership of the verified listing.
https://www.google.com/search?q=daniel+doors&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Shouldn't that listing come up when searching for it through the link you provided?
It did not for me so I went to the newer listing I tried to verify a month ago that states it is a duplicate and went through the process there to request ownership of the original.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Nick S

That link was a search query, found it eventually.

https://plus.google.com/115275129421797909622/about

The reason it is not showing is it listed as a serviced area business.

Please don't try claiming any of the duplicates, in fact delete them from your account.

Contact business support and give them this URL and inform them that you cannot request ownership, because its a serviced area business that does not show up in the system.