My Business
6.9K members online now
6.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Current owner won't transfer ownership to rightful business owner.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We are currently manager in a business listing https://plus.google.com/+Lanarozenbergdds/about, but ownership is under a marketing agency. This business is ours, but we have no control or ownership of the listing, and we have a duplicate we want to merge because they are similar in some ways but it got marked as a dup and now we lost all reviews, etc, etc. 

Yes we have followed the guidelines, requesting ownership and we keep getting denied by the "owner" who are a marketing agency that wont let go of the listing rights. 

We have spoken to so many reps, there is no solution, they said to call the agency to transfer ownership, but as said, its not possible due to conflicts and they have it as hostage. 

What are our options?? we want to gain ownership of this listing, so we can fix our rankings

please help.....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are in a similar situation. I created a post two days ago here but nothing is been done yet.

I strongly believe Google is wrong here and they should be managing situations like these better. Someone is claiming my business' digital rights on the web which is illegal. If Google does not responde or if the issue does not get resolved I will not hesitate to take this issue one step further, ie: to courts. 

Wishing you all the best with your inquiry. 

M P

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

before it use to be easier, if it was your business and someone somewhere verified your business or took you logins and ran, a phone verification to the business and owner was enough, google keeps changing how things work, and this so far is the WORST! 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

sorry @Stephen O

but this is nonsense - atleast IMHO.

Have you ever made any kind of contract with the owner to get the ownership transferred from him?

If not it was a bad deal anyway.

And how can you say "before it use to be easier" ?

The issue of listings being under hostage of a bad agancy is at least two or more years old

If the page owner refused to transfer the ownership in the past it remained  attached to the dahsboard of the owner.

@Mesut P

I can't see any advantage of chiming in here.

I recommend to stay on your other own thread "Former Employee Refusing to Transfer Ownership".

If not (you are of course free to do as you like) I will definetively quite your other  thread.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well yeah, it was easier at least 2 years ago, this was when I use to work in Local Search Marketing.

Anyways, the company won't give the logins and it is "hostage", we no longer work nor talk with them, all communication that was had for transfer is impossible as they keep denying our requests per Google+, and when we speak with them they refuse. It has been a bad deal and its affecting us and my work. Its Sad google won't accommodate or at least take additional steps such as document proof of business or owner verification of business, similar from before in these cases. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Sir,

What is it that I said upset you and/or violates the Community Guidelines?

I am sure you don't take the comment 'i.e.: take the issue to courts' as a threat, so, am I not allowed to express my support for other businesses reporting similar issues? Obviously I am not happy with how GMB is handling these issues and my intention is to connect with other people so Google can pay more attention here. 

Kind Regards,

Mesut 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Mesut P

I haven't said or expressed you violated our forums guidelines 

I said "I can't see any advantage of chiming in here."

But you seem not understanding how this forum works - driven (almost) by volunteers only.

Any post cost our time and effort - even your here.

I told you please to stay on your original thread as I prefer to help you there and not spoending time on your other posts.

That's all - and for now.

Have a nice day & time