My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Current owner won't respond to ownership request.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need your help please. This is Jeff, and I am the owner of Atlas Health Australia. Our details are as follow:

Atlas Health Australia

Unit 2J, 2 Flinders Parade

North Lakes, QLD 4509 (Australia)

+61 7 3188 9329

+61 400 842 711

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DrJeffreyHannah

This account was setup 3 years ago by the person listed currently as the owner. He helped setup the account for me as part of an SEO marketing strategy, listed me as a manager but retained ownership. Two years ago, I requested that he make the simple change to make me the owner of the Google+ listing, but I received no response. I attempted to contact him twice more at that time and did receive a response.

His words (referring to switching me to the owner): "We can't, I would have to delete the account. Then you would have to start a new one."

I have this email if you require it as documentation. I provided him Google's 3 links on how to make the change, but I never heard back from him.I let the matter slide at the time because everything was working okay, and it seemed to much of a hassle to deal with.

I now need to add someone else as a manager for the site, but find that only the owner can do that. I have looked for the current "owners" contact details, but all emails bounce, and I see he has been inactive on Google+, Facebook & other sites for over 2 years.

I have attempted to contact the owner, and I now need your help to claim ownership of my Google+ page please. Thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

Jeff Hannah

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Current owner won't respond to ownership request.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dr Jeffrey H

For your situation, I think it would be best to talk to Google My Business support to see if they can help. I would recommend being at your business when you talk to them because once you explain the issue they may want to call the number on your listing to confirm you are the owner, and that ownership of the listing should be transferred to you. I can't say for sure they will do this, but it is what I would try.

To request a call from Google My Business support, sign in to your Google account that is a manager of the listing and fill out the form here: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_na

You can also contact support once you sign in to your account if you go to https://business.google.com/manage/ then click on the three horizontal line menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select "Support". A menu will then drop down on the right side of the screen and there will be some options listed under "Contact Us"

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Current owner won't respond to ownership request.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@TomW, Thank you. I will give it a go. Jeff