AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Critter Care Plus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been request to claim Critter Care Plus since 4/2016.  I get the prior owner has 7 days to release.  To date it still shows up not released and I haven’t received anything to change the account.  It’s frustrating because I can’t edit update and I need to.  No pin has been sent, no email regarding the account.  Release Critter Care Plus to me please!!!!

Critter Care Plus

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you gone back into the original email that GMB sent you 7 days ago when you tried to request ownership?  

What to do after you've requested ownership

Once you've requested ownership, the current listing owner will have 7 days to respond. You can check the status of your request by signing in to Google My Business or clicking the link in your confirmation email.

If your request is approved

If your ownership request is approved, you'll be notified by email and will be able to manage the listing in Google My Business.

If your request is denied

If your ownership request is denied, you'll be notified by email and when you sign in to Google My Business. You can still suggest an edit to the listing or, in some cases, appeal the denied request.

If you don't hear back

If you don't get a response after 7 days, you might have the option to claim the listing yourself. Just sign in to Google My Business and look for a Claim or Verify button on your dashboard. (If you don't see an option to claim the listing, that means it's not eligible to be transferred.)

Re: Critter Care Plus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So do I get it to shutdown then so I can recreate it if it isn’t eligible?
I have owned the business for 2 years and 4 months.

Critter Care Plus

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I would try to request ownership of the listing again before giving up on it since you have a couple great reviews and lots of photos on the listing. When you try to recreate it or add it to GMB it will suggest you mean the old business listing anyway. Creating a duplicate of the location is not a good idea since you won't be able to control what listing searchers will receive in the SERP (search engine results page). 

Are you able to request ownership again?