2.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Creating new business name page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our old Google+ url was https://plus.google.com/+BartlettburnsAttorneys.  Our name has changed to Bartlett Legal Group.

The problem is that I've updated everything to the new name.  The address and phone remain the same.  The link shown above still shows BartlettburnsAttorneys.  I tried to create a new plus page but when I do the search Google says this business has already been verified.  How can I remove the old and create a new page for the new business if Google now has the new name, address and phone already verified? We only had 7 followers so it's not an issue of losing our old Google plus page. 

Thanks

Frank

Re: Creating new business name page

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Frank,

When you claim a custom URL it can't be changed. In this case, I would arrange a live chat with GMB support and see if an exception can be made because the name of the business has been changed. No guarantees but it's worth trying.

Grace

Re: Creating new business name page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the response and additional links. I'm not trying to change the existing URL for bartlettburns. I'm trying to create a new one for Bartlett Legal Group but when I put in the name Bartlettlegalgroup as part of the search when creating the new Google+ page it brings me to the old listing provided above. I assume because the phone and address has not changed? I tried clicking on the arrange live chat link you provided but it brought me to this message board. How do you arrange for a chat?
Thanks for your help.
Frank