AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Correct right account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to sign up a new business Huntsville Heated Mini Storage and I think the Google Business linked my other account ( suzijarvisrotary7010).  I want my huntsvillestorage@gmail.com to be linked with the new business.

Thanks

Suzi Jarvis

1 Expert replyverified_user

Correct right account

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Suzi,

You can transfer ownership from your personal account to the e-mail account you want.

To do this, go into your listing's dashboard. There will be several options on the left side of your screen. Click the 'Users' button and press the the people with a '+' next to them in the top right corner of that window. You can add your other e-mail as an owner. You will have to go into the other e-mail to accept ownership of the listing.

You can also transfer primary ownership after you accept access in the e-mail you want. Simply go back in with your personal account, pull up the same window under Users and you will see the e-mail you want as 'Owner'. Click on Owner and you can switch access to Primary Owner. After this, you can click the 'X' next to your personal e-mail and remove it from the listing. 

Were you logged into both accounts at the same time when you created your listing by any chance? If so, it's possible you were logged into your personal account as the 'primary' account. GMB automatically selects the primary account you're logged into to create a listing in, I believe.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Re: Correct right account

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Suzi J,

Just to add to Rachel's reply, please take a look at the Manage listings sections of the help center to learn about the role of Owners and Managers and the procedure to transfer ownership of a listing.

https://support.google.com/business/topic/4539640

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor