3.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Condominium claimed by wrong person

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, I have purchased a unit inside a condominium that I rent out as my business. 

In attemping to claim my accurate address as a business, someone has claimed the whole condominium (without unit number) as their business; This owner didn't put his unit number when claiming this business address. 

What at can be done to get this accurate?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Condominium claimed by wrong person

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi vitamin,

Before I answer your question, could you please clarify something for me? How do you rent the unit out as a business? Is it a serviced apartment type of arrangement, where people can stay for variable lengths of time? Or is it used as an office?

Thank you.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I think I see where you are going and I understand.

I own a unit inside the condominium that I rent out to people who can stay for variable lengths of time.

As such, it's not and "office" and probably not appropriate to claim as a "business" on Google ... correct me if I'm wrong.

However, look at the two listings of which the first is the correct listing (not a personal unit but the condominium itself as a whole.)

1. https://goo.gl/7F8yKD (correct and unclaimed)
2. https://goo.gl/Quwhup (incorrect listing, claimed and only one unit inside the condominium)

The second listing needs to be pulled IMO.

Thoughts?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author vitamin
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi vitamin

Yep, correct on all accounts - individual 'for rent' apartments are not allowed to have a Local Business listing
"Rental or for-sale properties, such as holiday homes, show homes or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification." (https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=4540086)

So your apartment would not be eligible, but by the same token neither is the second listing (in my opinion). You can report it by clicking on "Suggest an edit" and then marking the business as closed due to spam.

Google moderators will then take a look at the business and make a decision on whether to remove it or not.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you... ur still working !!! :)