AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Competitor using our company name on Maps/Places Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently noticed that a local competitor has amended their Google Places/Maps listing to include our business name in the title.

My client's company is a Private Limited Company in the UK - ACL Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. Another local company has included 'ACL' in their Google Maps/Places listing and this has lead to some confusion with customers contacting their company in error. The competitor is not a Ltd company nor does he have any trademark on the 'ACL' name. His website is leedsrefrigeration, so nothing to do with ACL. I believe it's purely been done to piggyback from my Client.

I have suggested an edit to the competitors business title on Google Places/Maps but I'm at a bit of a loss as where to go next. IS there anyway I can contact Google?

Thanks,

John

1 Expert replyverified_user

Competitor using our company name on Maps/Places Listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@John D

Provide better details of the listings of the competitor using your (or oyur clients) brand - of course only in case  ACL is to consider as a protected brand - doubting it is)