Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Competitor added their phone number to our page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business is providing detox and residential treatment for adults in the Houston area. We recently had a competitor remove our phone number and add theirs to our Google places listing. We have been in business 7 years and have provided the best possible care for each of our clients and as a result we have accumulated 60 plus positive reviews.  Now a competitor has removed our phone number and added theirs. 

This was brought to my attention by a client who was recently admitted to our facility. He read our reviews and was aware we were located in Houston but when he called the number they were trying to send him out of town. 

My questions are as follows:

1.  How is this possible?  We didn't receive any notification of a request to change information. 

2.  We were instructed to create a new page and claim it but now we don't have any of our reviews. We work extremely hard over 7 years to have a reputation of first class treatment and our current maps does not reflect this. How can we fix this. 

3. Is this a common issue and how can we prevent it in the future

4.  Is there any legal action we can take against the people that committed the fraud and theft of identity?

into action recovery in Houston 

https://www.google.com/maps/search/Google+places+into+action+recovery+houston/@29.5740831,-95.115978...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Competitor added their phone number to our page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Tony G

your link resolves on my end in two results.

Screenshot 2016-07-30 at 10.28.04.png

Its hard to help you not getting the exact details of your business and the listing with the supposed changed phone number

Please clarify

About