5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Competition marking business as closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My listing is currently listed as "someone suggested this business as permanently closed" which is incorrect. Why is there no way to fix this??  I click business is open, check another cellphone and it still shows the same message? 

Ace Lock & Key Service 

12562 Country Charm LN N Jacksonville FL 32225 

904-744-1050

https://g.co/kgs/YzBX6L

https://www.acelockservice.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @AceLockandKey J
Might be a caching or timing issue?

When I look the listing up it's showing as a normal open business.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Competition marking business as closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello and thank you for your reply. I was thinking it was a caching issue as well. It does not show in Google My Business either. However, checking even right now from a cellphone that has never searched it, it still shows "Someone suggested this status Permanently closed" 

Did you check from a cellphone? This message does not show on a computer, only mobile browsers. I really appreciate any help I can get on this, it is very frustrating.

IMG_2978.PNG

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @AceLockandKey J

Geez I'm glad you posted that pic!

I had checked on my desktop, and didn't think to double check on the mobile as well.  I get the same as you on my mobile. That seems like a glitch - will escalate.  TY for coming back so quickly!

Just so I'm sure - are you correcting that status through the error message on your mobile or in your dashboard?

Can you also report this through the "feedback" link below the knowledge panel on a desktop PC.  

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"Just so I'm sure - are you correcting that status through the error message on your mobile or in your dashboard?" 

I do correct it on a mobile, refresh the page and its back. It does not show in my dashboard oddly enough 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@AceLockandKey J
TY for the feedback. Added your comments to the escalation; is currently under investigation.

Will keep you posted.

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Competition marking business as closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has there been any more information about this being escalated? One of my clients is having the exact same issue and it's causing them a great deal of concern.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris K

Apparently on the 4th of Feb the issue was fixed, but it will take 2 weeks or so for that change to be seen in public.  Please post back if you're not seeing evidence of the fix after the 18th.

Find me on · · my blog