AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Competetor made identical google business with their own phone number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Another contractor in our industry with a similar name has created a listing in the google search in OUR company name that used to show his address in the map, and his number instead of ours. We managed to change those details but would like to completely remove his listing from coming up in Google search and only have our official company listing showing. We know he has confused our customers and stolen business from us by doing this. He also has a 4* rating in our company name and our legitimate listing has a 5* rating.  How do we go about deleting his listing please?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Clearwater

it is not possible to delete the Google listing of a competitor. If your competitor is not showing their correct business details you can suggest an edit through Maps to their business details.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Competetor made identical google business with their own phone number

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable

I have this same problem with our family business and google don't seem to want to help. I have tried doing that edit and suggesting their listing is wrong, but google doesn't remove it. Should be illegal if you ask me and google should be taking down any listings that we inform them are not correct.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Can you please start your own thread with your business details.

This allows us to keep the forum organised and gives you the attention you need.

This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.