My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Client shares a location with another business - how does she create her GMB listing?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

My client runs her business out of a location that has already claimed their Google My Business location

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Urban+Sanctuary/@51.0039898,-0.1037344,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0...

She runs a business called Balance Naturally that provide holistic treatments from this location - I am due to launch her new website shortly and as such have recommend she creates a Google My Business listing for her business. This is her existing web presence https://about.me/holistic_therapies - and you'll find her on the map (with her old business name - Holistic Therapies) when you search for 'reflexology haywards heath'

You'll see she is featured on their website and their relationship is good http://theurbansanctuary.info/holistic-treatments/

What would you advise she does in terms of creating a listing for her business? What's the best way to set about sharing their location?

I look forward to your response.

Nathan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Client shares a location with another business - how does she create her GMB listing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Nathan D

running a business out of an other business is not any kind of ideal from the point of  view of GoogleMyBusiness.

It seems to me this "other business" is not a new or distinguish business but a specific part of the existent business.

If so it would not correct to have a separate local listing additional to the existent listing

Please explain more details:

Doe your client have her own phone and entrance as the other business.

Re: Client shares a location with another business - how does she create her GMB listing?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for this Helmut, having thought about it more I tend to agree with your point of view. My client uses a room in the other business and actually shares their online booking system - so until they have their own premises, contact details etc I would agree it doesn't seem right.

I guess I was just looking to improve their presence on the right hand side of the serps. Back to the drawing board!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut!

I have a similar situation. I have a client with 2 businesses at the same location.

She runs women's sober living homes as well as a counseling center. She would like to have both listed on GMB, separately, since they are separate businesses. However, listing the addresses of women's homes publicly is not a good idea, so she would like them to both show the Counseling center's address for safety of the women.

Neither are on GMB yet. She has separate logos, separate photos, and separate services for these two businesses.

What would be the best route to take here to get both verified, separately on GMB?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Having two bsuinesses at the same location by your client is possible only if the "businessed" use different phone numbers
Regarding the "women's sober living homes" I believe it should be created as a Service Area Business with hidden address - read here how to achieve it: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en
(step four explained "how to hide")

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much!

They do have different phone numbers.

I will check out the link about Service Area Business with hidden address.

Much appreciated.