AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Client got Locked out of his Google My Business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

One of our clients got locked out of his Google My Business listing. The email that is associated with it belonged to a former employee and they don't have any chance of getting hold of the login details or contact that employee anymore.

Could you please let us know what's the fastest way of dealing with this situation and reclaim the business listing ownership? I believe there is a 7-day max turnaround time when requesting access (or ownership) to the listing. However, in this case, we won't be receiving any reply to that request. 

Is there a way to skip this process and go through the business ownership verification process? You can find the business details below:

1. Kennedy Barnden

2. 484 The Entrance Rd, Erina Heights NSW 2260, Australia

3. +61 (02) 4365 6789

4. https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Kennedy+Barnden/@-33.4265259,151.4123258,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x...

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ricardo C
October

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ricardo you should be able to begin adding the location to your dashboard which will prompt you to request ownership. Once the form is submitted you will be able to verify the listing after 7 full days (I set a reminder for the 8th day) assuming there is no response to the request. If it is rejected you will be able to appeal and verify. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ricardo C
October

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ricardo you should be able to begin adding the location to your dashboard which will prompt you to request ownership. Once the form is submitted you will be able to verify the listing after 7 full days (I set a reminder for the 8th day) assuming there is no response to the request. If it is rejected you will be able to appeal and verify. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the exact same issue with my new company. A past marketing manager set up all ten locations and now we have no way of signing into our own Business accounts. Please help! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for your assistance, Hanna.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@HEL BHi @Hanna R,

i have this exact issue with google suspending my business listing and blocking my access for the past few weeks already. All of my calls and emails to google are if no help.

i have been messaging with another Google contributor here on this forum- @Helmut Geissler, and he tried to explain to me what to do but I just did not understand him. I'm not very savvy with google and I really need a step by step guide how to reopen my business listing. Helmut told me twice like this: " I offer you to escalate this further with google" but does not explain exactly what to do!! I'm so frustrated since it shows that anyone can claim my listing.

here is the link to my main location:

https://g.co/kgs/7APjE9

Let me knkw if uou can help help regain access!!! 

Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@MD Locks and Keys

stop jumping  on irrelevant and  outdated  threads 

This  here is  not about  suspension.

Your issue is  about  suspension

And I very  well told  you in here # 2  ,  in here # 4 and in here # 11 what  you  need to provide  to get  likely lifted your suspension of your location in brooklyn

Having said this  I  will now block this  outdated   thrad for new replies.

If  you still need help continue here: