3.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Claiming a Google+ for a new Google My Business Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently was appointed as my agencies social media duties and upon my recent findings I see that we do not have the login credentials to our Google+ page. We recently created a new Google My Business page at the company, but a huge roadblock for us is that we can not seem to find the email address associated with our Google+ page. We have looked at countless places and can't seem to find it.

Is there anyway you can help me reset this and sync it up with our new My Business page. Please ask questions because I know this isn't enough information, but I wanted to get the conversation started  and didn't want to overwhelm with too much information up front.

I know it would be simple enough to create another Google+ page, but we really do not want to have 2 accounts out there. We want to claim and get back access for the Google+ page that I attached to this email.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Claiming a Google+ for a new Google My Business Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Matt F

there is already a verified listing for your business

You can't claim it as it is a verified listing. But in case you guys lost the credentials you can follow the procedure Someone else verified my business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Helmut,

The biggest obstacle is that our Google+ page is connected to the verified My Business Page. I am completely unsure as to why this is the situation. I have access to the verified page, but I am trying to gain access to the Google+ page. So the Google+ page isn't connected to any My Business pages at this time.

Is there a solution to this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@helmut I forgot to tag you on my previous post. Please let me know if you need any further information. I would love to get this figured out so we can have access to the Google+ page that we have built a following on.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Matt F

I'm confused now

Two what business pages or GMB listings do you have access and to what other you don't have any.

Can you please specify this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry about that, I figured this wouldn't make much sense.

We have access to this My Business page (https://business.google.com/u/0/b/109324112636658435160/dashboard/l/09568911570967105359?hl=en) but our original Google+ page (https://plus.google.com/+Square2marketingNoFluff).

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

that's weird then

https://plus.google.com/109324112636658435160 is your local business page - verified though.

But https://plus.google.com/+Square2marketingNoFluff/about is an ophaned page in case you don't have the credentials to it.

There is no method to get control over it unless the page owner would transfer the ownership to your dashboard.

Note: there is also no method to get from Google any knowledge who owns this page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Helmut, I finally tracked down the owner of the email. However, we can't get the password because he doesn't know the security answer.

Please let me know who would be best suited to serve me and I will send the email address to the appropriate party.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
I'm afraid Matt

as already said
if you don't have the credentials I can't provide you with any method to get control overnthe matter.

Re: Claiming a Google for a new Google My Business Page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I thought the issue was that I didn't know the email address, but I have
that now.

--

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.|