AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Claimed business in error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Guys,

I am trying to help my friend claim his business, I inadvertently pressed the CLAIM as owner button, and the system has allocated his business to my account.

As soon as I realised this mistake I went no further IE I never requested the verification postcard. I ended up going round in circles browsing the forums, but couldn't see a solution and didn't want to start following any instructions as I was unsure which was the correct route. How do I reverse this

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Stu

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Stuart,

Not to worry. If you did not request the verification postcard you almost certainly do not have ownership of the business.You may still see the listing in your account until you verify it, but it won't stop anyone else from verifying it first and taking ownership.

If my response was helpful please mark my answer as 'Best Answer' Thanks!

Re: Claimed business in error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Cheers for that...so what do I or what does he do now.. I couldn't make put the correct procedure.

Stuart

Stuart Barriskell
Director

SB Property Ltd
121 Glasgow Road
Dumbarton
G82 1RG

THIS E MAIL IS FROM STUARTS PHONE

Websites: www.rightmove.co.uk www.zoopla.co.uk www.sbproperty.co.uk

T - 01389 731730 F - 01389 731877

SB Property Ltd.. VAT registration number 856350514.. Registered in Scotland as a Limited Company registration number SC256519... CCL 547616
N.A.E.A registration number 45525... O.E.A registration number D000811

Member of the Federation of Small Business: 2180645

Landlord Registration Number:

WDC 157336/395/30240
Argyll & Bute 157336/130/11321

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

@Stuart B

Neither of you should have to do anything. The business is already claimed, most likely by him. Does he have access to the listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry Dan I realised I had emailed a reply rather than do it on the board here, no I depressed the claim button, the business is now shown on my list, so the question is how does he claim it or can I transfer it to him.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm unsure if he has access to the listing, I wouldn't think so as I claimed it, but never asked for the postcard to be sent

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stuart,

Any luck with this. I have done the same in error. 

My Google profile now shows this business instead of my private information. 

How do we ensure that the owner is able to claim this business?