AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Claimed a business but instead it created a duplicate, now when I try and gain access nothing...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Claimed a business but instead it created a duplicate, now when I try and gain access nothing happens when I click on request access nothing happens. I called google about it and they said it was a temporary glitch (they were lying I have claimed others this way since then) Its been months this is MADNESS.

The guy is a lock smith and I know gmb likes to mess with the real locksmiths in an attempt to make it harder for the fake ones but thats astonishingly frustrating for the actual local locksmiths.

https://business.google.com/dashboard/l/05404036638129168654?hl=en

This is the duplicate any help at all would be appreciated. Its not fair to this guy to be doing this to him.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Claimed a business but instead it created a duplicate, now when I try and gain access nothing...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Daniel L

afaik this  (creating a dupe) is the  intended and  dedicated behavior if  applying  this procedure for a service area business  listing  

Seeithe  part "Service-area business listings" and  there the sixth step.

follow now chapter  "What to do after you've requested ownership"

Re: Claimed a business but instead it created a duplicate, now when I try and gain access nothing...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK So you seem to be missing out on the issue, did that when I click request access nothing happens, thats where I am stuck, Google claimed it was a technical glitch and would be fine in a day or two, we are now a couple of months in.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also dealing with this request access so called glitch.  I have been having the same issue for a year and nobody seems to get what I am going through.  meanwhile I cant reply to my reviews and am now getting reviews from competitor friends or something like that....trying to make me look bad.  I know my customers and I know the latest review that was left is not my customer.  this is all messed up.