AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

'Claim this business' option not available

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

'Claim this business' option not available on google search result. Only 'Suggest an edit' is available. I would like to know the reason for this. Please help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Lauren D,

Could you please mention the complete name, address of the listing that you are referring to?

Thank you.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Lauren D,

Like Time Lord mentioned please add the name and address so we can investigate further.

Additionally it's almost definitely because someone else has already claimed and verified the business. Check around and see if any other stakeholders already claimed the listing.

If my response was helpful please mark my answer as 'Best Answer' Thanks!

Re: 'Claim this business' option not available

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @Dan F,

Just to add, it may also be that the listing is not of a category that can be claimed, like certain building categories for example.

Or, it may be that the listing is in a country that is not supported by Google My Business: Google My Business Help -> Supported regions.

To know for sure, we'd need to know the complete name, address of the business listing being referred to, however.

Thank you.

Additionally it's almost definitely because someone else has already claimed and verified the business. Check around and see if any other stakeholders already claimed the listing.