Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Claim Google My Business Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I need to claim my Google My Business page which was created by my previous employee way back August 2015. I want to do it myself as I've hired a professional to do it but for some reason I cannot claim it because the email address used was not my email address.

Can someone help me? I've been trying to contact Google support about it but no luck. I even created a new my business page but the verification code took too long. It was created 25 days ago but I cannot verify it because the postcard hasn't arrived until now! I thought postcard will only take 2 weeks! I even requested for a new postcard just few minutes ago.

Any help would be a great help.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neat and N
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 15
Top Contributor

I think it was a very bad idea to claim an listing to remove it (removing it for what ever reason).

Deleting a claimed listing will not remove any of its content from Google,

I now thing stau tuned on your listing for the new address. and mark or report the old address as closed.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

apply this procedure:

Someone else verified my business

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Neat and N

apply "Someone else verified my business "

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi dear,

This is about my business' google acount to which I have lost access to the email address provided with it and forgotten the password and also the back up phone number was not used for a long time and now the phone number has been deactivated by the provider I had not logged into the google acount for few years now we are getting quite many reviews on my business google account and desperately need to access the google acount to respond to the reviews but I can not, therefore as I am the business owner I can send the lease and ownership documents that I am the owner of the business for varification or google can search the business to find it online so they can call the business landline thats provided to google so they can call and I will pick up to verify. Please Google do help will be much appreciate it. Thanks so much

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi dear,

This is about my business' google acount to which I have lost access to the email address provided with it and forgotten the password and also the back up phone number was not used for a long time and now the phone number has been deactivated by the provider I had not logged into the google acount for few years now we are getting quite many reviews on my business google account and desperately need to access the google acount to respond to the reviews but I can not, therefore as I am the business owner I can send the lease and ownership documents that I am the owner of the business for varification or google can search the business to find it online so they can call the business landline thats provided to google so they can call and I will pick up to verify. Please Google do help will be much appreciate it. Thanks so much

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

I have tried this method already but I doubt I would be able to regain the access.. The guy who created this was no longer working for me and I had a very bad experience with him if you see what I mean, hence the reason why I want take control of it. Just to give you an idea he has created bad reviews for my company and I have confirmed it!

Anyway, would you be able to give more suggestions? Perhaps phone number for the support as I desperately need this sorted asap.

Cheers,

Nina

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Neat and N

the linked procedure "Someone else verified my business " will lead to to the support.

Just apply and follow the steps below "Can't contact the current listing owner"

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Sam A

Please leave this thread and start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

Thanks for your help, but after following the instruction I was prompted to this page. See below. I did request for "Request Ownership" but I don't think I would be able to get some reply from this guy as this was the guy who created my business page and has cause a lot of issues with my business.

Hello,

Thanks for filling out our form.

My name is Anna from the Google My Business support team and I’m confirming that we’ve just passed your access request for Neat & Net at https://maps.google.com?cid=-3613978910086846340 local page on Google My Business to the current owner of this page.

What to expect:

Please allow 7 full days for the current owner to evaluate your request and respond. If the current owner hasn’t responded to you directly within 7 days, you can reply to this email and we’ll take additional steps to follow up. Please know we won’t be able to help you with your request before the 7 days have passed.

Important:

1. If you’ve forgotten the email address or password that you use to sign in to your Google My Business account, we recommend that you check any other email account you normally use to see if the access request was sent there. You can also use this troubleshooter to get help.
  2. If you are only interested in updating this listing's information on Google and you don’t require management access to the listing, you can also report a problem.

If you’ve used this form for any type of question unrelated to the ownership or management of this page, please reply to this email immediately so that we can directly help resolve your issue.

Thank you,

Anna

The Google My Business Team

"Someone else has already verified this listing

This listing has already been verified by ta…@gmail.com. If you own this email address, please follow the Account Recovery help guide. If you still want to add this listing to your account, you can request admin rights from the current verified user. This may take some time.

If you would like to update this listing's information on Google, you can also report a problem, which will be reviewed more quickly."

I doubt to be honest if I will get an answer from that person after 7 days as I am not sure if that email still exist so as the person.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Sorry @Neat and N

But I get bit annoyed by you.

The mail from Anna (its a Google bot) clearly tells you to wait the 7 days

"Please allow 7 full days for the current owner to evaluate your request and respond. If the current owner hasn’t responded to you directly within 7 days, you can reply to this email and we’ll take additional steps to follow up. Please know we won’t be able to help you with your request before the 7 days have passed."

Do as "Anna" told you.