1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Claim Google My Business Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Innovations Dentistry - Jake Hanus, D.D.S.

2. 14617 S Memorial Dr, Bixby, OK 74008

3. (918) 366-9500

4. https://goo.gl/maps/pBkHERt74Jp

5. http://innovationsdentistry.com/

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

"Someone else verified my business"

This did not mention what would happen if the current owner ignored/denied the request. I followed instruction, but my client has no idea who the 2 letter masked gmail account is that seemingly verified his business address while he transitioned into ownership/name change. How did this email/gmail account verify the address without ownership of the domain, or phone, or physical address?

I have submitted the request as indicated in the article above - however the form seemed to me more of a "suggestion for edits" type of form, more so than a "verify ownership" form.

I suppose I will wait 7 days and see what happens.. although it would be nice to combine 2 forms of identify (a phone verification + domain verification) to override existing ownership immediately. What happens if the mystery owner approves the edits... do they maintain ownership? My Business and location verification has changed quite a bite over the past and it's hard to stay updated.

I am currently unable to implement AW location extensions due to mystery owner and could use immediate support if possible. Any tips on resolution would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hunter F
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Hunter F

You've gone through the right process, so it's a matter of patience.  

The seven days is fixed. If the current owner does not add you to the listing, you'll be able to be assigned as owner by Google.  

Post back after the required time if there are any further issues.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hunter F
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Hunter F

You've gone through the right process, so it's a matter of patience.  

The seven days is fixed. If the current owner does not add you to the listing, you'll be able to be assigned as owner by Google.  

Post back after the required time if there are any further issues.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Glad to hear I am on the right track. Hopefully all goes well! Thank you Margaret.