1.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Chip Wentz State Farm

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A third party started a google my business account 4 years ago I no longer do business with this company and they still have control of my business account on google my business.  A month ago I worked with Google my business to get control back went through all of their directions and still do not have this resolved.  I am completely stress as the account has my addrerss my photo my business name but the phone number takes people to other competitors.  I have talk to people a goggle my business and have me going through the same procedurs as I did 2 months ago that did nothing I just want to get this corrected is there anyone that can help me?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Chip Wentz State Farm

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chip W

Is this the listing: https://goo.gl/maps/dqtqhJiAm7S2

And should the phone number instead be (440) 933-2720?

So I'm guessing you have already been through the steps listed in this article under "Request access"? https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Chip Wentz State Farm

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes they sent me out a card to verify address the even sent me an email as I talked to a supervisor and explained the situation and he tried to assist but it still did not get resolved.  I had a company that did this for me years ago but they did not do what they promised now I'm trying to do this myself and just not the most techie person.  I just want control of my site and correct that phone number any advice or help you could give me I would be very thankful for.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Chip W

Hmm.. not sure why they would have sent you out a verification card since it is a verified listing. Google won't tell you what email account was used to verify the listing but they will provide a hint. The hint for your listing is m1...@...

So I'm guessing that is an email address of the company you had worked with in the past and not one that you have access to, correct?

And you've already been through the "request access" steps, including the last step where it says to wait 7 days after submitting the access request? And did you talk to support after you did all that?

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I did I received the card in the mail went through the process on the card and called support back but it still did not release.  I walked away from a short time to give it time to process thinking maybe it needed time called back in and talked to another person which gave me no help...I asked to speak to his manager a day later I did receive a phone call from a manager he sent an email and he wanted access to my computer which the computer is actually leased through our cooperate office and we can not do that. We ate that time sent thru a request to edit number that was not taken.  That brings us to now.

No they will not tell me who holds the account they told me it starts with and M or something but it is not any of my emails or my staffs emails.  I have a very good Idea after they said that.  It was a third party that I had used back in 2013 that was to help me get better exposure on the web and move you up on the google listings.  I found out later that there are companies that do this but a lot of them are rip offs.  The one I choose was the later.  So we stopped doing business with them after our contract not knowing that they still held the ownership to that google listing. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Chip W

I haven't heard of a card being sent when trying to request access to a verified listing.

I know it's frustrating. Ownership requests can be a real test a patience, but stick with it.

You'll need to follow the steps below. Even if you know you're not going to hear from the current owner of the listing, you still need to follow the process. After the 7 days I would recommend clicking on the link in the confirmation email as it says to do in step 7. If you're still not having any luck try talking to phone support again. Tell them neither you or anyone at your business has had access to the listing and that an SEO company is the current owner. Support should be willing to provide more help. If you're still stuck after that, post back here. My tip for talking to support: be friendly and be patient.

To request access from the current listing owner:

1. Navigate to Google My Business
  2. Sign in to Google with the account you use to manage your business. 
  3. Enter the name or address of your business, then select it from the search results.
    1. You may see a dialog showing part of the email address that verified the listing. If you manage this email address, sign in to that account to access your business listing. 
  4. Fill out the form. The current listing owner may need to contact you for more info, so you won’t be able to submit your request without sharing your contact details with them.
  5. Click Submit
  6. The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Check on the status of your request by clicking the link in your confirmation email. 
  7. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, click the link in your confirmation email and follow the instructions to request additional support.