AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Cheaters trying to milk our company!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last year, an advertisement agency offered to add our business to google business services. We made payment and they generated google place for us. Our company got high stars, comments, shares, photos etc. After 1 year, they changed the phone number on the google business place info. Then they called me and asked for more money; and they said if we dont give money, they will not change phone number and the phone numer is always offline. And we learnt that this is a cheating method of the compant REKLAM ASYA IZMIR. They have many customers and they are cheating and blackmailing companies. And many of the companies had to pay more and more money to keep their business place.

our business place name is:

Nemo Rafting Antalya Rafting

Link is:

https://g.co/kgs/TvK8AN

Our website is:

http://antalya-rafting.net/

Our own company numbers are:

‭+90 (544) 831 58 37‬

+90 (532) 604 00 92

I am not thinking only my company; i think you must suspent the REKLAM ASYA’ s google accreditations in order to save all companies in their places list.

ease help us get rid of these cheater stealers!!!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Adnan A

Have  you tried  to  rquest ownership via Googlefrom them?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, tried and worked. Thanks. Issue fixed 👍

Re: Cheaters trying to milk our company!!!

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@hi @Adnan A,

Just have a few things to add:

@Adnan Awrote:

Last year, an advertisement agency offered to add our business to google business services. We made payment and they generated google place for us.

Google My Business is a service that is free to use, as evidenced by this help article:  Google My Business Help -> About Google My Business:

"Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. By verifying and editing your business information, you can both help customers find you and tell them the story of your business."

One should not pay anyone to add their listing to Google My Business, as it is free to do so.

Our company got high stars, comments, shares, photos etc.

Just as an FYI, paying users, or companies in exchange for good reviews is not permitted, as per the review policies Maps User Contributed Content Policy Help -> Prohibited and Restricted Content - in case this was what was done.

After 1 year, they changed the phone number on the google business place info.Then they called me and asked for more money; and they said if we dont give money, they will not change phone number and the phone numer is always offline. And we learnt that this is a cheating method of the compant REKLAM ASYA IZMIR. They have many customers and they are cheating and blackmailing companies. And many of the companies had to pay more and more money to keep their business place. I am not thinking only my company; i

This is a common practice among SEO companies. One should be cautious when engaging with such companies. I don't mean to be offensive to these companies, there are very respectable companies as well.

think you must suspent the REKLAM ASYA’ s google accreditations in order to save all companies in their places list.

It is highly improbable that this individual/company represents Google in any official capacity - just as an FYI.

However, there are various "certifications" that are awarded by Google under various programmes, like the AdWords Certification under the Google Partners programme.

If you are able to find out what certifications they have, there is usually an option to report holders of these certifications. I wasn't able to find any on their website: http://www.reklamasya.com/Kurumsal.html), as I do not know Turkish and the Google Translate function seems to be acting up.

Thank you.