Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Changing Business Name of Acquired Company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My company (Clinipace Worldwide) acquired Accovion more than a year ago. When I search on Accovion, there are still offices showing up in Google under the name Accovion, even though I've redirected the website. Is there a way to update all of the old Accovion locations on the map to say Clinipace Worldwide? I also don't know who owns any of the listings, the previous marketing manager has left the company--I have zero details, though I suspect that didn't do anything with Google listings from a marketing perspective because they didn't do much online marketing.

Any best practice tips you can offer would be much appreciated! 

Best,

Emily

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Emily,

What happened with the offices?  Are they all closed, or do you guys now operate out of them?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joy,

The offices currently remain open, we just need them to all be listed as Clinipace Worldwide (there are 11 offices).

Em

Re: Changing Business Name of Acquired Company

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, @Emily N!

Just so I may fully understand your situation, I'd like to ask you a few questions. 

Has your company reclaimed the Google+ Business Pages owned/managed by the previous marketing manager, or did the manager leave without assigning a new person within the company as owner? 

How exactly are you finding Accovion on searches? Do you see it appear on the right hand side with details of the business similar to how yours pops up? Or, are you referring to how Accovion appears in searches with their LinkedIn page?

Below is an example of what I am referring to. Talk to you soon!

Clinipace.jpg