4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Change Ownership of Google+ Business Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seeking advice on how to change the ownership of a Business Page of a Business that I have recently purchased. The previous owner is not contactable.

The business details are as follows:

Snap Mandurah

Unit 2, 11 Davey St Mandurah WA 6210 Australia

+61 8 9586 3325

https://plus.google.com/107370940570694566583/about

Ideally I would like to take over the existing page, however another option could be to delete this listing and then I can create a new page. There are a couple of reviews on the existing page which I would like to keep,

Regards Alan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change Ownership of Google+ Business Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

the best advise to give you is applying this procedure:

Someone else verified my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply. 

I have been in contact with the person who created the business page. The person is co-operating with me but as she created the business page years ago, she can not remember any of the login details that she used to create the page.

She tried to reset the password etc, and went through the process of trying to answer the questions that were presented during the reset, but she couldnt remember any of the correct answers and the result was a message saying they should couldnt be verified as the owner. Despite trying this a few times, we couldnt get access to the page or google account.

So my question now, is what is the process of requesting Google to take some action so that this page can be transfered to me as the new owner of the business?

Regards, Alan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In addition to my reply. I read in another post the following:

'Google REQUIRES that you become a manager first by requesting Admin Rights from Google. Google attempts to contact the original owner with only 7 days to respond. If no response, Google will automatically transfer ownership to you.'

What is the correct procedure to request Google to do this? Is there a form to fill out somewhere?

Regards,  Alan 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seeking advice of changing ownership of a business. As an admin and via previous owner, we followed steps to invite new owner via new owner company gmail account. The new owner has yet to receive the invitation. Tried sending the invitation again. Got statement that invitation had been sent. No evidence of that invitation. Thanks for any assistance.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Alan P

given that  neither you nor the previous crreator / owner of the listing in question knows (or knows not anymore) the credentials to the business listing your best option is to apply this procdedure: 

Someone else verified my business

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Hania W

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.