AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Can't verify new business because of old verified business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have bought an existing restaurant and are in the process of a complete brand overhaul, but the physical address and phone number are staying the same. I have deleted the previous business's profile but Google won't let me verify it because the previous business was verified. 

Old business: Displace Hashery
New business: The Blenheim

Address: 3293 West 4th Ave Vancouver, BC V6K 1R8

Google Maps URL: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Displace+Hashery/@49.2686885,-123.1795548,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m...

New website: www.blenheimpub.com

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Jessica G - Are you able to gain access to the Google My Business listing from the previous owner? 

You wrote that you have deleted the previous business profile - did you do this in GMB dashboard?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nathan, thanks for replying. I previously had access and was the owner of the old business's listing. I then deleted the profile because the business is no longer active. I have since tried requesting ownership of the page again but only receive "Sorry, we're having some issues at the moment. Please try again later" and the request isn't sent.