Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Can't respond to reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As a company we're very proactive in responding to reviews to try and resolve and help customer who might have had problems but haven't contacted us first. However, we've been unable to go this on Google.

We have a Google My Business account but it seems to only be linked to our Google Plus page, Analytics, YouTube etc. There's no 'Reviews' link at the top of the page and when I click on our company listing in the Google results while logged in I can only 'suggest an edit'.

Some months ago I tried to claim our listing (I believe it was registered to someone who worked here a long time ago - possibly a non-work email address) but I didn't receive any update on the case from Google. Now I can't even seem to find a way to attempt to do this again.

Can anyone help please? I'm hoping there's something really obvious I'm missing!

plus.google.com/+loxleycolour

Loxley Colour
1 Drum Mains Park
Orchardton Woods
Glasgow
G68 9LD

+44 (0)845 519 5000

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jordan R
October 2016

Re: Can't respond to reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jordan,

The page that you linked to is a G+ brand page. That type of page doesn't support reviews.

As you mentioned, there is a local GMB page but it's verified already.

There is a process you can go through to get ownership transferred to you. Here are the instructions - https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

Contact the current listing owner
Communicate with the current owner directly using the contact information in their business listing. Include instructions to add you as a listing manager or transfer ownership of the listing to you.

Can't contact the current listing owner
You can also contact the current listing owner through Google My Business.

Note: This process may take several weeks, and only the current listing owner can add you as a listing manager or transfer ownership of the listing to you.

Follow these steps to create a message to the current listing owner:

Navigate to Google My Business.
Sign in to Google using the account you use to manage your business.
Search for your business using its name and address.
Enter the name or address of your business and select your business from the drop-down menu.
When you choose your business, you’ll see a dialog box letting you know that someone else has verified the business. Click Request ownership.
Click Report a problem if you want to update this listing’s information on Google, such as an incorrect street address or phone number.
Fill out the form. You have the option to include a message to the current owner to contact you directly with questions. Include:
Who you are
How you are related to the business
Why you need to manage the listing
Where they can get more information
What you need them to do
How they can contact you
The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, contact support by replying to the confirmation email.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Colan for linking to that form. Have sent a request again and I was able to reply from the recovery email address now (my IT team set this up for me) I was able to initiate an immediate transfer :)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Glad to hear it!
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Can't respond to reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Goggle business account and have been able to respond to reviews up until today. Now when I submit a review I get the verification that it has been accepted and published, but the review is nowhere to be found. 

And I can't find an email to Google customer service or tech help so I'm stuck posting to this public forum/board :(

Thanks,

Peace, Love and Little Donuts of Southlake