AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Can't gain ownership of our business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've been emailing back and forth with someone at Google for months!  they always just say "we are working on it".  
We own and manage an apartment building:

Cornell Arms Apartments 

1230 Pendleton St 

Columbia SC 

www.cornellarmsapartments   (which is not a live website)

No-one is currently managing this account.  I have tried multiple times to follow the directions to gain ownership.  It always says that someone else owns it, I hit the button that requests ownership and nothing happens.  

Unfortunately theres more to the story.  At one point i was able to try to sign in and it asked for a cell phone number, and it accepted the cell phone number of an ex-employee, which I believe means that it was her that had set it up. (because google said that it did send that number a text, which I believe means that it was her that set it up).  She says that she didn't receive anything.  Even when I see the spot where it shows the email address that does manage it, it shows co....@gmail.com.  That matches her old email address.  

I don't know how to get past this point.

We need to be able to manage our page!  We are under new management and need to respond to reviews etc.!!

Please help!