AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Can someone help me delete an old Google Maps listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a listing with my former real estate brokerage. I no longer have access to the email account associated with that listing, so I've only been able to "suggest edits" to the expired listing saying that the location has permanently closed. The location is still showing up in Google Maps though when someone searches for the name of my real estate team. It's actually showing the expired location and our new (current) location, so that's causing some confusion for people looking for the office.

Does anyone know of a way to speak with a Google Maps tech support member? I'm afraid that is the only solution that will help at this point. Thanks!

Business name: Horton Team at Keller Williams - Capital Realty
Current business address: 4004 E Morgan Avenue Evansville, IN 47715
Current telephone number:

Spoiler
812-518-0411

Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Horton+Team+at+Keller+Williams+-+Capital+Realty/@37.9917283,-87.50...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hey, i am facing same problem, and even not able to sign in with email id in google my business... what to do..

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @John H

You can't (by no means) get the old location removed.

But contacting business support you should be able to request that support redirects all search results pinpointing tothe old (closed)location to your new and (hopefully verified) location.

I recommend getting in touch with GMB support via one of these options and ask for help in getting this "redirection" achieved:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Helmut,

Thanks for responding to my question.

That seems like a big mistake on their end, making this process difficult to fix. Also I'm not sure if this makes the problem better or worse, but the address is actually the same location as the current building we're in. So the two pinpoints are at the same location.

We really want to fix this issue for SEO purposes as much as confusion. Thank you for sending me those links, I'll try to get in contact with GMB support.