4.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Can not update the GMB phone number despite various attempts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I manage several clinic/professional listings for a health system, but because this wasn't a formalized process, there are still many legacy GMB listings that I do not have ownership over, but it appears to be someone else within my organization who does have ownership. 

The phone number is incorrect and all calls to this number go to the Chief Medical office of this department and his administrator. 

The number needs to be updated to the appropriate appointment call center. Can I find out who owns this listing so that I can reach out to them to get the number fixed? What are my options for resolving this issue?

Despite many, MANY suggestions for this phone number to be updated from various users, Google will not accept the change and the wrong people continue to get calls. 

How can we further escalate this request??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I never received a reply, but was able to get many people to suggest a change to the number and it has been updated. Google needs to be better about sharing information about account owners. If I knew who the owner was and was able to communicate with them directly, this issue would have been resolved in a much timelier manner. Why so much secrecy about account ownership?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'm glad you were able to get the issue resolved. And re the ownership secrecy - no idea why!

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog