My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Can a company registered a Google business page if the premise belong to another company?

[ Edited ]
KTA
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
KTA
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 Expert replyverified_user

Can a company registered a Google business page if the premise belong to another company?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

In answer to your question,per the guidelines:
Only business owners or authorized representatives may verify and manage their business information on Google My Business.
GMB Guidelines: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

If Business B is acting as an agent for Business A, then there's nothing wrong.

If Business B is registering a fake location for Business A, then that's against the guidelines.  You can mark the location as spam.
Go to Google Maps and look up the second location.
Click "suggest an edit"
Select "Place is permanently closed or has never existed" and select spam from the dropdown list.

If Business B has registered a location for their own business but it's really closed, follow the same procedures as spam but select the option permanently closed from the dropdown list.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

[ Edited ]
KTA
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
KTA
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: Can a company registered a Google business page if the premise belong to another company?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@KTA

you got a very good answer from @MargaretO And should better appreciate it instead to ask "all Top contributors" to review her answer.

We are not all supposed reveiwing the asnwers of our fellws

Nevertheless saying this: 

For me it isn't (in general) forbidden  that a business "A" is using the same address of a business "B"

I of course don't know the exact cirumstances of your case and it very well can be that there isn't any kind of "Chua Chu Kang Marble Company" at the address "#01-17 Skytech, 2 Bukit Batok Street 24, Singapore 659480" but there is in reality an other company "Chua Chu Kang Monuments Contractor"

But this photo shows both companies at the address:

Screenshot 2016-10-27 at 15.02.07.png

this said:

I wonder btw why you apparently never verified your business "chua chua kang monuments contractor"

Is there any reason for this?