AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Can I delete listings from my account, now that I have transferred ownership to another account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for Raw Essentials (www.rawessentials.co.nz) in New Zealand. We have 9 locations (listings). 

I set the listings up on my personal Google. I later moved them to a Google account set up for Raw Essentials. 

Can I now delete the listings from my personal account?

I tried making one 'permanently closed' on my personal account to see if it would affect the Raw Essentials listing, and it did - so I am worried that if I delete from my account, it will delete the listing entirely.

(https://www.google.com/search?q=Raw%20Essentials%20(Grey%20Lynn)%20401B%20Richmond%20Rd%20Auckland&l...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I delete listings from my account, now that I have transferred ownership to another account?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @splendidmarvellous - it sounds like you want to transfer ownership of the locations. Here are the steps (info here)

1. Sign in to Google My Business
  2. Make sure you’re using card view. If you’re viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon on the right side above your locations. 
  3. Choose the listing you’d like to manage and click Manage location. 
  4. Click  Users from the menu.
  5. Locate the user you’d like to transfer ownership to and click the box on the right-hand side of their name.
  6. Select Primary Owner from the dropdown menu that appears. You'll only see this option if you're an owner of the listing.
  7. Click Done. Primary ownership transfer happens immediately. 

Can I delete listings from my account, now that I have transferred ownership to another account?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I might add that once ownership is transferred and accepted, you can then mark the ''X" next to your name for the email you no longer want associated.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I understood @splendidmarvellous posting this way:

he alrady transferred the verifid listing to an other account.

I therfore searchd for this other account and firgured out in actually managed by a GoogleAccount " an…@gmail.com"

This means:

anyone not using the GoogleAccount " an…@gmail.com" can remove it without any harm for the listing from any GoogleMyBusiness dahboard