My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Can Franchise Protect Brand for All GMB Attempts?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

FranchiseA has 300 locations.  FranchiseA owns the Brand and TM for the Franchise.

• 260 locations' GMB pages are owned by FranchiseA and managed by Franchise local owner (franchisee)
  • 40 of them are owned by Franchise local owner as they were created without permission (Rogue) and verification cards go to them. 

How can FranchiseA mark their brand name phrase such that these 40 have to transfer ownership to FranchiseA and become managers themselves?
How can FranchiseA mark their brand name so that new or rogue franchisees are unable to create Rogue GMB pages and claim them?

Can Franchise Protect Brand for All GMB Attempts?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Scott,

This link explains how to claim a location that's already been verified by someone else.  Google has a procedure of contacting the person who claimed the listing and waiting 7 days before getting additional support.  After the waiting period, Google may have you do something like submit a letter on company letterhead and signed by a senior leader of the company explaining that the company is the owner of the specified locations.

I'm not aware of any way to flag any location names as trademarked to prevent another person from claiming locations.  The best solution may be to simply claim the listing before another party has the opportunity to do so.

I hope this helps.  Have a great day!