AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Can 2 Businesses Share The Same Location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks,

I am looking for some advice in regards to a conflict of ownership for 2 businesses who share the same location and the same parent company but are branded differently. The example is an insurance company who resides at this current address:

CIP Insurance Brokers Ltd
44 Main St, Crumlin BT29 4UR

The company has a sub-division of the parent (CIP) and want to register their subdivisions address against the parent companies. Is this possible?

If not what other alternatives exist?

I read about a "digital location" that online businesses can set up for GMB a while back - for businesses that are exclusively online. Is this possible and how do you go about creating one?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Somchai M
3w

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Companies that are exclusively online are not eligible for a Google My Business listing. 

In regards to having two companies that reside at the same location must have two separate phone numbers and one needs to be a 'department' of the main business. You can read more about it here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Somchai M
3w

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Companies that are exclusively online are not eligible for a Google My Business listing. 

In regards to having two companies that reside at the same location must have two separate phone numbers and one needs to be a 'department' of the main business. You can read more about it here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nathan,

Are you certain? I thought I read somewhere that exclusive online companies could create a virtual PO box and register a GMB listing. Was a while ago, perhaps it's rubbish!

Thanks for the link but, great! Answered my question in one.