AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

CID, reviews, photos all now belongs to some other business, how to get them back?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm checking the business listing for a client which is a shopping mall.  Somehow the business listing has been changed to a tenant in the mall.  Searching for the shopping mall name now results in the shop tenant instead.  The tenant's business now owns the CID and all previous reviews, photos, and See Inside tour belongs to the tenant.  Also, a new tour for the shop has been published which has overwritten the shopping mall tour, since the shop is now using the CID that was previously associated with the shopping mall.

How could this have happened, and how could the shopping mall be able to get back their business listing with the same CID so they can get back all the lost reviews, data and photos?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CID, reviews, photos all now belongs to some other business, how to get them back?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Sorry to hear about your problem. To help with your question, please provide:
1. The Google Local Page URL
2. Your Website URL
3. Full Business name, Address and Phone number
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Re: CID, reviews, photos all now belongs to some other business, how to get them back?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The shopping mall is called Stilwerk.
CID is 14011794924683241870
It has been changed to Markilux, which is only 1 shop out of 50 shops in Stilwerk.
The change or merge occurred on April 27 according to Mapmaker
https://www.google.com/mapmaker?iwloc=0_0&fmi=0_0&gw=39&fid=5163466020273891825:14011794924683241870...

The 5 floor Indoor Maps for Stilwerk mall is also probably linked to this CID.
for SEO, the search term for Stilwerk Berlin now is associated and results with Markilux instead of the shopping mall.
Several years worth of customer reviews for Stilwerk is now merged to Markilux.
Stilwerk has lost control of their business listing.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I tool A look to the editing history of "markilux Schauraum Berlin" and I can't see over there any indication it was before created or claimed as "Stilwerk".

Would you mind providing a screengrab for your dashboard showing through this screen capture you ever have created and verified "Stilwerk" ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you check the history, select "show all" and "more", it shows that Stilwerk or other iterations (stilwerk Center Management) was the name since 2013. The name change to Markilux occurred on April 27.
I don't have access to the Stilwerk account so can't take a screenshot.

Markilux is a new shop inside the Stilwerk mall that just opened on April 29.
http://www.stilwerk.de/berlin/store/markilux-1/

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you read the reviews that go back to 2013, you can also see the people calling it a "shopping mall" and that it contains "several furniture stores".
Markilux is a new single shop inside Stilwerk selling mainly sunshade awnings.  A 500 point street view tour inside Stilwerk was previously connected to this CID.  It has now been overwritten by a smaller 20 point tour for Markilux.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Here is the press release from Stilwerk regarding the opening of the new shop Markilux within the existing Stilwerk shopping mall.
http://www.stilwerk.de/berlin/news/detail/news/neu-markilux/

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Designer8222345

first of all 

I'm a regional lead for Germany and pretty familiar with MapMaker and how to get the history of an entry.

Believe me I can't right now see any edits replacing the name "stilwerk" to "Markilux..."

What I see are two edits made a year ago (Mar 31, 2015 Mar 26, 2015) deleting such crazy names as "stilwerk Center Management GmbH Möbel" (or bit better perhaps: "stilwerk Center Management GmbH" and "stilwerk Center Management"

There is one edit for 27th April this year where someone changed "stilwerk Berlin" to "markilux Schauraum Berlin"  

I have no clue who did this via his dashboard where previously the entry "stilwerk Berlin" was managed

I still believe the best thing would be to advice the  owner of the original page "stilwerk Berlin":

He should go ahead and based on his dashboard where he verified the "stilwerk Berlinto contact business support requesting help.

In case there never have been verified an entry for the shopping mall  "stilwerk Berlin" at this address and with the phone number +49.30.31 51 50 as listed on http://www.stilwerk.de/berlin/unser-haus/  they should do so asap

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What was the possible error?
1) the listing for stilwerk Berlin was not verified, and Markilux claimed it
2) the listing for stilwerk Berlin was verified but someone with access to the account changed the data to markilux
3) the listing for stilwerk Berlin was not verified and separate listings for stilwerk Berlin and Markilux existed, but were automatically merged together because the server marked them as duplicates?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Start creating a Listing for "Stilwork" as a shopping Mall and its phone number an verify it.
There is an option to get the reviews meant and belonging to the "Stilwork" as a shopping Mall transferred later then.
This can done with the help of business support.
But only if there is a verified Listing for the shopping Mall.