AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business taken over and marked as closed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Up until recently, whenever this happened, I was the manager of GMB for

Misfeldt Accounting

A client of theirs called them to say that the business is marked as closed.  It's not closed.  When I learned of that, i checked their info panel and it is marked closed.  I checked the GMB listings I manage at business.google.com and I no longer have access to that listing.  

How can we solve this?  The business is definitely not closed and this is the busiest time of the year for an accounting company.  Can anyone suggest a way this might be resolved?

Alan Myers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Update - In maps, I requested an edit.  I said that the business is not closed and the edit was published.  Now, what can we expect?  How would we get back the control of that account from someone hostile enough to mark the business closed?  Will the "business closed" threat still remain?  If I can change it back to showing as open, someone can change it back, right?  

How do we straighten this out?

Alan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you still have access on that listing? If yes, you can always reopen it on GMB dashboard

Everyone can submit an edit, but it's up to Google algorithm if the edit will approve. I think Google can detect spam user who submit irrelevant edits.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, I no longer have access to the listing, that's a big part of the problem.