AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business showing as "Permanently closed"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Business, Pot Luck Ceramic Studio in Cleethorpes, is showing on Google as "Permanently Closed". I have had several phone calls from confused customers and I am really angry and would like an explanation as to how this has happened. I have completed the necessary to change it (yesterday) but am still waiting. It is extremely difficult to contact anyone to give me an explanation etc.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@susan C I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Business showing as

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Still the same, if you google my Business - Pot Luck Ceramic Studio Cleethorpes, it shows as Permanently Closed. Sending a "report" doesnt seem to work as lots of my customers have already done so for me. Please can this be corrected as soon as possible? Thanking you in advance - Sue Cox

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still the same, if you google my Business - Pot Luck Ceramic Studio Cleethorpes, it shows as Permanently  Closed. Sending a "report" doesnt seem to work as lots of my customers have already done so for me. Please can this be corrected as soon as possible? Thanking you in advance - Sue Cox

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Susan C I've tried googling your business but the Knowledge Panel isn't coming up. Can you provide the direct Maps listing to your business please?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Business showing as

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have absolutely no idea how to do what youre asking 😞 sorry x

Re: Business showing as "Permanently closed"

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Susan,

I searched for about 25 minutes and finally was able to find the Google Maps listing, which did list it as permanently closed. I have submitted a request to have it marked as open. 

At this point, I will allow @PriyaC to assist you claiming the listing so that you control it. You should also make the name match your Facebook page and what you posted in your first message here... since that surely added to the difficulty in finding it... and no Knowledge Panel showing. 

Cheers,

James

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@James_Clemens, thank you so much for taking the time to do that, much appreciated.

@Susan C I too have marked your business as open and we'll see what happens there. if there's no change in 48 hours please let us know. Also, please follow the tips given by James as they are very good advice.

And just out of curiousity - is the category actually reflective of your business? It says frame restorer, but the photos seem to indicate you're a craft shop?