AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business reviews located at different address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

First of all, many thanks in advance for any help offered!

I have a business verified on Google. I currently have a total of 27 reviews with a 4 star rating. In order for a customer to find our review section they need to type into the google search bar the following "manor garage lightfoot street chester cheshire ch2 3al".This brings up the below screen:

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=manor+garage+lightfoot+street+chester+cheshire+ch2+3al

Most people would not bother to type the full address into the search bar and they are most likely to just type "Manor Garage Chester" into the search bar. This brings up the below screen:

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=manor+garage+chester

As shown above, our website address is the very top result. Google maps find the business address but there are no reviews. When I click on Google Maps it brings up the below screen:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Lightfoot+St,+Manor+Garage,+Chester,+Cheshire+West+and+Chester+C...

As shown above, I am able to 'add a missing place' and claim this as a separate business. This makes me think that the business address that I currently have claimed is not the optimum address. What should I do if I want customers to find my reviews? Should I claim ownership and verify the other address and try and get my reviews moved accross? Does anyone know how to do this easily? Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for your help. This has caused me a bit of a headache!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leigh C
April 2016

Re: Business reviews located at different address

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Leigh C

I at least believe having figured out the reason why we get on a search for "Manor Garage" or "Manor Garage Chester" not your business but an address result like belowScreenshot 2016-04-09 at 13.40.09.png

I was taking a look onto MapMaker for your area:

:

Screenshot 2016-04-09 at 13.46.42.png

As you see there are this four entries named as   "Manor Garage

And the only business listing is the "A"

Lets compare "A" with "B" and "C"

This is on MM for your business:

(no street address at all - just the sublocality "Hoole" and the town and ZIP code: "Chester , CH2 3AL"):

Screenshot 2016-04-09 at 13.50.01.png

No compare this with "B"

Screenshot 2016-04-09 at 14.56.17.png

and with "C":

Screenshot 2016-04-09 at 14.56.30.png

(note: previously missing screenshots added)

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Leigh C

You shouldn't try using your last Link (or GMaps search URL) to "add a place"

This will definitively created new hassle and confusion and a duplicate.

Since your business is located at this coordinates 53.196599, -2.875885 and since your last searching URL points to the same location you would create an unwanted and unallowed duplicate.

Note there is never a reveiw link for a searched street. But only if you search fro a business.

Your last URL is just NOT  a search for your business.

Regarding reviews:

I should say having 27 reviews is very good and you shouldn't expect getting better ranking if having more reviews.

But you can add on your website at a  prominent place a hint like 

Dear customers If you like to review us please click this link "Review Manor Garage"

You also  can provide this QR code on your website to get your customers a path to review you:

Manor garage1.png

(Note: I edited the QR code to enable it working on a mobile properly)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Helmut, it was very informative!

Do you know how I can get it so that if potential new customers want to search for 'Manor Garage' they can see my existing reviews by just typing "Manor Garage" or "Manor Garage Chester" into the search bar?

I will re-direct existing customers as you've mentioned, im more looking to get the attention of new customers.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leigh C
April 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Leigh C

I at least believe having figured out the reason why we get on a search for "Manor Garage" or "Manor Garage Chester" not your business but an address result like belowScreenshot 2016-04-09 at 13.40.09.png

I was taking a look onto MapMaker for your area:

:

Screenshot 2016-04-09 at 13.46.42.png

As you see there are this four entries named as   "Manor Garage

And the only business listing is the "A"

Lets compare "A" with "B" and "C"

This is on MM for your business:

(no street address at all - just the sublocality "Hoole" and the town and ZIP code: "Chester , CH2 3AL"):

Screenshot 2016-04-09 at 13.50.01.png

No compare this with "B"

Screenshot 2016-04-09 at 14.56.17.png

and with "C":

Screenshot 2016-04-09 at 14.56.30.png

(note: previously missing screenshots added)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I really appreciate you taking your time to try and figure this out for me. It looks like your full reply may have been cut short?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have cleared up the issue regarding having duplicate 'manor garage' listings in MM. I believe I now have only the one verified business showing?

When I search in Google for Manor Garage' or 'Manor Garage Chester', Google still manages to find our website and the location of the business, but it does not pull through the reviews section on the right hand side of the screen. Any ideas why this is the case?

Many thanks