Guide Me
star_border

Business page says it is a duplicate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone/anyone,

I have a business listing called Bedford Gardenin Services,

I have spent a lot of time updating the content etc. to reach the top of my local results but I discovered recently that my listing didn't appear at all on google maps.

When logged in to my + page the bran page says 'We're not showing this page because it's a duplicate of another'

I'm not quite sure what to do. I have similar pages such as 'Bedford Landscaping Services... Bedford Fencing Services' all registered and verified to the same address, could it be to do with that?

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards,

Alex.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex F
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alex,

Yes, that is the problem. It looks like you basically created a bunch of listings based solely off services you offer. If "Bedford Gardening Services" is your legit business name then stick with that and get rid of the other listings. Please read through the guidelines for representing your business on Google: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem.  For some reason once I entered the verification number that was mailed out to me (first time ever) I got the same notification.  Me thinks that Google has a bug somewhere that has escaped quality control.....

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Bruce

Can you please start your own thread with your business details.

This allows us to keep the forum organised and gives you the attention you need.

This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog