AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business name appears incorrect

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The correct business name is supposed to read State Technical College of Missouri, but instead is listed as Linn State Technical College. Suggest an edit screen shows the placeholder with the correct name, but there's no option to submit that correct name in order for the business to finally be displayed correctly.

1. State Technical College of Missouri

2. 1 Technology Drive, Linn, MO 65051

3. (573) 897-5000

4. https://goo.gl/maps/KKSVjswz2Ny

5. https://www.statetechmo.edu/

The business name is listed correct on Google Maps, so we are perplexed as to how to fix it.

Suggest an Edit shows correct information while the listing shows the incorrect business name

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Its replicable for me.

But like to hint you on a fact:

searching as you did and getting th knowledge panel witht the incorrect name and the in Chrom browser switshing to "Maps" it shows the correct name.

Means: the error is not the listing itself - theerror is rendering teh listing with its knowledge Panel.

I recommend to contact business support rgarding it.

Lemme know here whether they have been able to help you.

if not I would try escalating it my own channels  to Google.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler We've contacted support numerous times about the issue. It was corrected only to revert back a short time later. It seems we've found ourself in a loop. All campaigns have been put on hold per the client until the knowledge panel listing displays correctly in search.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@JJ C

when did you last time contact business support or submitted a feedback on the Knowledge panel?

Re: Business name appears incorrect

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Within the last week, which makes us more perplexed that we cannot resolve this.