Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business marked duplicate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I own a number of businesses all registered to the same building. 

All of my business pages have been accepted and verified except for one. This is now showing as "Duplicate of Another Page". I can only assume this is because the addresses are similar? 

My business page is:

CJ Coatings Ltd 

17-18 Potters Lane, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK11 7HF

How can I get my page verified and update my details? I have tried getting a verification postcard sent but Google will no longer send them? 

Please help! 

Many Thanks, 

Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business marked duplicate

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chris

I found this verified listing for your business:
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/C+J+Coatings+Ltd/@52.0482181,-0.8198635,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0...

I'm assuming this is why your page is being marked as a duplicate. If you know who owns this page, then ask them to transfer ownership to you (make sure you delete the duplicate page first!). Otherwise you'll need to follow the steps in this article to request ownership: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

Thanks for your response.

The link you have provided is the business I own. I have the ownership of the page but am unable to get it verified or make changes.

Google will not send me another postcard as there is too many businesses registered to that address.

What should I do?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Chris

I'm sorry but I don't understand your comments - if you have ownership, then everything should be ok since it has been verified and is showing up in maps.

It might be easier if you provide a screenshot of a) the error message for your duplicate page - showing the business details as well if possible and b) all the business pages you currently have listed in your business.google.com/manage dashboard

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you ever figure this out?! I too own two stores the in same building that share a phone number but have different suite numbers and are different businesses. I cant post the Candy store because it is saying it is a duplicate of the restaurant. How can I fix this?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is marked duplicate and I can't figure out how to remove one of them.