2.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business listing suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just wanted to update the info on our Google Business listing because our retail store is currently under renovations and so the hours needed to be adjusted. I followed this Google document to figure it out: https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778

However after following the steps it completely deleted our entire listing!!! The person who set this up no longer works for the company, so I don't have any of the information they used when they set it up. In fact, it was so many years ago I believe the process of adjusting your listing was drastically different than it is now.

If anyone could chime in from Google to help out, that would be great. It would be really awful if we have to set up our entire listing from scratch again. Especially the Google Street view we had of the interior of our space. Please advise. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business listing suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Joe M

Can you provide some information about the business:

1. Business name
2. Business address
3. Business phone number
4. Google+ URL (if you know it)

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Rickshaw Bagworks

2. 904 22nd St

3. 415-904-8368

4. I didn't even know that we had a Google+ account. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@joe m

apply "Someeone else verified my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Helmut Geissler -- but I did this step and when I click on the business name (Step 4&5) "Rickshaw Bagworks" it does not say that this business is owned by another user. In fact, nothing happens at all when you click on the business name from the drop down. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I see

But obviously there is no more any listing (neither verified nor unverified) 

named as "Rickshaw Bagworks", 22nd Street, San Francisco, CA, United States.

Therefore my advice to apply "Someeone else verified my business" is inappropriate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was listed right before I tried to make changes, but now that it's gone any suggestions to trying to get it back??

Re: Business listing suspended

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Joe M

I don't know how you killed it but I would try talking to GMB phone support to see if they're able to see what exactly happened and if they can undo it.

You can request a call from them here: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_na?rd=1

Good luck!

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ugh they were TOTALLY useless on the phone. They basically just said that our listing is permanently gone and that I'll have to start over from scratch. I am hoping that this isn't completely true because we had years of photos, reviews and a Google "street view" of our store that we PAID somebody to do. I guess I'm going to just wait for my PIN to come in the mail and hope that once we're verified that there will be a way to get all this content back. 

In my humble opinion, this is a pretty crappy way to treat customers who have used this service for so many years and just want to update their hours. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Damn, ok I've done more research and found out that another GSuite user that used to work at our company (many years ago) actually setup our My Business page, which is why when I tried to modify it with my account (and requested another PIN) it took the current one down. 

I've found his credentials and can now log into our original My Business page and can see the original listing, but it's flagged and disabled by the moderation team. I sent a query to contact support to have them reactive the listing, so I guess I'll just wait and see. Thanks everyone on here for your help!