AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business listing incorrect in Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business call´s ESEC - Escola Superior de Educação de Coimbra (ID 17784364793873693309) and the current adress with google maps is acurate.

The main problem is about google search (ESEC - Escola Superior de Educação de Coimbra, or Escola Superior de Educação de Coimbra or just ESEC Coimbra) it prints out mix up information. The logo/icon of my business e alright, the name is incorrect, the wikipedia and social media are incorrect, the reviews seems correct to me.

Something went badly because in a couple of months all this information was right.

I already changed 124325 times the data information, but that dont sort anything out.

Hope you can clear me out what ´s going on and help me to fix this.

Best regards

José

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business listing incorrect in Google Search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jose P

I don't understand your issue

Searching for your school (searching for "ESEC - Escola Superior de Educação de Coimbra") I get the below knowledge panel:

Screenshot 2017-06-20 at 13.16.45.png

What's wrong with this?

Please elaborate

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"it prints out mix up information. The logo/icon of my business is alright, the name is incorrect, the wikipedia and social media are incorrect, the reviews seems correct to me "

Image from this side its pretty similiar:

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2597910/d45bd900afa2581a5c93f5190aac4fb0

Edited: not sure you can repare the information, anyway i´ll leave the right information.

Wrong: Escola Superior de Enfermagem de Coimbra > RIGHT: Escola Superior de Educação de Coimbra

Wrong: Wikipédia information > RIGHT: Wikipedia link https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escola_Superior_de_Educa%C3%A7%C3%A3o_de_Coimbra

Wrong: Founded 2006 > RIGHT: Founded 1979

Wrong: Social Profiles are all wrong > RIGHT: Facebook, Twitter, G+

Re: Business listing incorrect in Google Search

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jose P

it seems to be a strange discrepancy between the information displayed if googling for "ESEC - Escola Superior de Educação de Coimbra" - getting the the knowledge panel as provided with my above screen shot - showing the school name as "Escola Superior de Enfermagen de Coimbra" and doing the same search with GoogelMaps - we get then (depending  on the used userinterface") as result either

"ESEC - Escola Superior de Educação de Coimbra" (if using with maps.google.pt and using the Portugese language interface)

or we get as result if using maps.google.pt and using the English  language interface)

"ESEC - Coimbra Superior School of Education ESEC - Escola Superior de Educação de Coimbra"

Means we have in fact three different names poping up dependign of Googling or GoogleMapping and depending on th language interface,

Is this described discrepancy the issue you are complaining about?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut, 

Its pretty much that. But the "big mistake" is about the first googling example you´d discribe. Because the name "Escola Superior de Enfermagem de Coimbra" is another School here in this town.

But you can see the link i´ve post, the name isnt the only mistake, some other information points to "Escola Superior de Enfermagem de Coimbra" also: https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2597910/d45bd900afa2581a5c93f5190aac4fb0

I think someone got it wrong when maybe merged two profiles thinking we ´re the same place but we are not. Escola Superior de Enfermagem de Coimbra have the same Inicials ESEC. Our ESEC is for "Escola Superior de Educação de Coimbra".

Thanks for your time,

José