AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business listing incorrect in Google Search, but fine elsewhere?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run a business called 'The Brighton Studio' we're a photography and film studio based in Brighton, UK.  

www.thebrightonstudio.com

The Brighton Studio,
Units B-E, Level 2 South
New England House
New England Street
Brighton
BN1 4GH

We set up all the necessary requirements that Google requested to verify our google my business page in 2016 last year when we launched the business and website. Our business info is currently displaying correctly on our google my business page and in Google Maps, however if you type in 'The Brighton Studio' into google search, google appears to be mixing half of our business information with a theatre also based in Brighton called 'The Brighton Dome' 

Our address, Telephone number and opening hours and images are displayed correctly. However, the google algorithm seems to be pulling all the other info from the Brighton Dome wikipedia page.

Please see screenshot below...

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 16.16.04.pngIncorrect info about my business displayed in the box on the right

I've tried the "suggest an edit" function 100 times and had absolutely no response. A google advisor recommended, editing The Brighton Dome wikipedia page and replacing it with our info, which i have to say made me feel a little uncomfortable as it's not a wikipedia error and it's not my wikipedia page to edit.

Having spoken with google my business everyday for the past 2 months, they've been awfully unhelpful and basically said that theres nothing they can do to help me, which I just cannot believe to be true.

Has anyone had this type of problem before who could recommend a solution?

Thanks, Olly

1 Expert replyverified_user

Business listing incorrect in Google Search, but fine elsewhere?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I would like to apologize for the lack of reply to your help inquiry. The Google My Business community has recently implemented several improvements that we hope will allow the proper care of help tickets here.

If you still have an issue that needs attention, please take a moment to review our Go-To Guides. These are carefully created to cover most issues someone may face and they provide unique solutions that are easy to implement.

If you have already found a solution, can you provide an update on how you solved your issue? If you are still in need, please do let us know.

Thank you for using Google My Business (GMB) to strengthen your online presence.

Kind Regards,

James