4.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business listed on Google has my home address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure where else to go with this issue. There is a very reputable business in my town that has been around for years, however when you search for that company my home address shows up as their business address, but they are on the other side of town. I have talked to them about the issue and they said they have been trying to fix the issue for "a while" now. I have also personally sent suggested edits on the Google page multiple times to no avail. Does anybody have any ideas on what I can do?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Business listed on Google has my home address

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Justin

Without any details of the business, it's hard to investigate and offer assistance.  Given this is your home address, I can understand why you might not want to disclose that info publicly.

This is the DIY method:

If you and the business owner have tried multiple edits (particularly in a short amount of time), chances are it's set a flag that means it has to be reviewed by a Google staffer.  That slows the whole process down.

If the reputable business you speak of has a shopfront, then you should be able to find them on google mapmaker.

Once you find the listing, you should see something like this

If you do see one or more edits pending, pop over to the mapmaker forum and ask a regional lead to assist.  Before you do that though, please help yourself and them by reading and following the guidelines in this post first  - https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/map-maker/hHEUG7VKthU  

If that's way out of your comfort zone or you're not seeing the edits, you can post your  details on this private form and I'll investigate if something else might be causing a problem. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog