My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business has been marked as a duplicate and merged with another business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I claimed and verified my business on google in the fall. I have my entire profile complete with photos, website link, hours, etc. It had been easily visible for many months until I started renting out my space to another acupuncturist (I'm also an acupuncturist). She is running her own business out of the same space, same address, and has a different business name. Since she has arrived my listing no longer shows up on google maps unless I specificially type my name in. It doesn't come up when I search for "acupuncture winchester va" despite the fact that there are only six of us in town. I contacted google support and they say I just need to improve my SEO but it seems to me that something else has happened. My website does appear on the first page of search results but not in the top square of listings or in maps. 

Any suggestions?

Colleen Porter Acupuncture LLC

123 Amherst St, Winchester, VA 22601

540 532-5312

www.thrivewinchester.com

https://www.google.com/search?q=acupuncture+winchester+va&oq=acupuncture+winchester+va&aqs=chrome.0....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi, this is not a GMB issue. It is an seo issue. I counted 10 businesses listed for your address. That is the bulk of the problem and a SEO issue: https://www.google.com/maps/place/123+Amherst+St,+Winchester,+VA+22601/@39.1847983,-78.1695786,18z/d...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's a medical office building so there are a lot of practices here. But if I go to google maps and search for "acupuncture Winchester va" and I've claimed my business shouldn't I appear in spite of a SEO problem if there are only six others that come up? 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

It is an seo issue, I am able to get your listing to show up only when I zoom in. The fact that there are multiple business are sharing the same address and the 2 Acupunctures  at the same location is causing issues from a SEO ranking standpoint. WAC also built out additional citations with Yelp, Bing, and others. See map screenshot