Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Business Verification

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi my name's McKenzie and I'm the marketing manager at Peters Hardware in Spokane Valley. petershardwarespokane.com. We've been trying to gain access to our google business account for a year now. Somehow someone has verified and taken ownership who is NOT associated with our business. We've try contacting google representatives numerous times to resolve this issue, but never seem to get anywhere. What do we do?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Business Verification

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@McKenzie D

Have you tried requesting ownership of the business listing? 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

Business Verification

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, but whoever has control of it has denied us access every time. I gave Adword a call and eventually was transferred three times to get to the right department, where I was told that after 7 days if the person who has ownership of the account doesn't deny it or respond, then I can claim ownership. Or if they deny it, the I can appeal it, and then if that doesn't work, I can call back again and they'll attempt to solve my problem.

Business Verification

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @McKenzie D

Is  ist about this listing: https://goo.gl/maps/asU1UuGVFh12?

If  so when have you last time requested (and got  denied) the  ownershipfromth actual ownerofth listing -being the account " he…@gmail.com" ?

And how  can you provide me  (and through me to Google) being the legit owner of the business  in question?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Business Verification

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I requested last week to claim ownership. It has yet again been denied by whoever has control of our account as of May 18th. I have proof that my boss Gary Peters is the owner and that I am the acting marketing manager of this business. Resale permits, bills, Google can send us a business card to verify, call our business, whatever is needed, I can provide.

I have appealed the denial for ownership today. We will see how this goes.