2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Our business in Katoomba was "claimed" through an old email address from someone in our marketing department who has since left - we are unable to recover the email address and the email address is not being used. The information we have recorded in regards to our username in particular is invalid and comes up with "this email address does not exist"..

I have sent a request to transfer ownership - however this request will not be responded to. It says to wait 7 days and then the support center can further escalate the enquiry.

How does this work after 7 days and is it possible to transfer ownership (can prove) when there is no one on the other side of the email address to verify/accept the transfer?

We have recently claimed ownership of our other business in Wentworth Falls - further to this can you have ownership of multiple businesses at once?

Hoping to solve this swiftly.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Business Ownership

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you have waited the 7 days, you can contact Google. 

have you attempted to contact GMB Support for assistance

If you would like to try and contact Google Business you can follow the steps below to receive a call or chat (during normal business hours)

Google Business Help >Need More Help (top right corner)>Ownership or Access to my business>Other Problem>

Under new pop up window select "Listings" under the first option "About ownership and access levels for listings "

Scroll to bottom of this page and you will see phone and email contact. 

This only works during business hours which I believe are M-F 9am-5pm PST

Socia works great:

http://www.facebook.com/googlemybusiness
http://twitter.com/googlemybiz

Yes, you can manage both business listings in one Google account.

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO