AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business Marked as Permanently Closed but it's Open

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is marked as "permanently closed" and I never made this change. I can't change it back to "open" because someone else has claimed ownership of my business. I had a postcard sent to me from Google with a verification code and I verified my account so I'm not sure how this happened? I've reported this problem to Google and haven't gotten any response at all. The first time I reported it was on April 4, 2017. It still says it's "pending review" when I check in "contributions". I've also requested the current "owner" to transfer ownership to me but haven't gotten a response. I've looked through forums and tried all of the suggestions I found but I still have't been able to resolve this issue. What else can I do rather than just wait?  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has this been resolved? For a while Google was allowing people to manipulate other listings as contributors / local guides. Can you log in now and make changes? Are you using business email or gmail?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mac, no this still hasn't been resolved. There is nothing to edit when I log into my account. I've only been able to "suggest an edit" when I google my own business but my edits have been pending for over two weeks. I am using gmail.

Here is the page: https://www.google.ca/search?authuser=2&site=webhp&source=hp&q=netronome+systems+ltd,+cambridge,+uk&...