1.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business Marked as Permanently Closed but it's Open

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is marked as "permanently closed" and I never made this change. I can't change it back to "open" because someone else has claimed ownership of my business. I had a postcard sent to me from Google with a verification code and I verified my account so I'm not sure how this happened? I've reported this problem to Google and haven't gotten any response at all. The first time I reported it was on April 4, 2017. It still says it's "pending review" when I check in "contributions". I've also requested the current "owner" to transfer ownership to me but haven't gotten a response. I've looked through forums and tried all of the suggestions I found but I still have't been able to resolve this issue. What else can I do rather than just wait?  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has this been resolved? For a while Google was allowing people to manipulate other listings as contributors / local guides. Can you log in now and make changes? Are you using business email or gmail?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mac, no this still hasn't been resolved. There is nothing to edit when I log into my account. I've only been able to "suggest an edit" when I google my own business but my edits have been pending for over two weeks. I am using gmail.

Here is the page: https://www.google.ca/search?authuser=2&site=webhp&source=hp&q=netronome+systems+ltd,+cambridge,+uk&...