AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business Marked As Duplicate

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business name is DCS Marketing. So the issue I'm having is a duplicate address. We do share the same address with Digital Computing Solutions, which is a computer repair shop. (161 Upper River Rd. Gallipolis, OH 45631) We are in a building behind Digital Computing Solutions but share that address. How can we fix this so it isn't a duplicate? Would you suggest adding Suite 1A or something similar to the address and have the verification card resent?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could someone please advise me on the best way to approach this? Will my solution above work?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I ran into a similar issue a while back and even after getting into contact with Google directly to try and explain the situation, they said it was against their TOS to have two businesses at one location. We ended up having to do almost exactly as you suggested in order to get verified, so I'd say it is worth a shot for you as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I was in contact with a Google representative today via email. They suggested I change the information on our business listing to reflect the address with Suite 1A. 

They also reminded me they truly have to be two different businesses. e.g. different phone numbers, different websites, etc.

And they wanted pictures. So here is my exact situation:

My boss, the business owner has several businesses on one piece of property. The name of one is Digital Computing Solutions (DCS for short). They are a computer repair shop. They are not associated with us (DCS Marketing - our legal business name) in any way. Well, one of the computer guys will help me edit a video here and there because that isn't my area of expertise but that truly is the extent of it.

We, DCS Marketing, are a marketing agency, as the name suggests. We build websites, landing pages, sales funnels, run SEO campaigns, content marketing, inbound marketing, Facebook and Adwords campaigns, etc. - Very different business, in a totally separate building.

Well, after taking pics (about 8) showing each storefront, signage, etc. this rep informed me we are going to have to share a business listing with the computer repair shop because the same guy owns the businesses and they are on the same property? This just doesn't sound right to me at all.

I don't know if I wasn't clear in explaining things just as I have here or what but this can't be the case. I have read and read and can not see where this would be the answer. I'm hoping another rep will see this and look into this further for me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hopefully everything works out for you. I'm dealing with another similar issue right now and actually can't seem to find a way to contact a Google rep directly. Is there a form or an email address you can direct me to so that I can get in contact with them?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business name is AGR Automobile's pvt ltd. Maruti Suzuki car Dealer. So the issue I'm having is a duplicate address. , which  are rajkunwar unknown person stepson my business  but share that address. How can we fix this so it isn't a duplicate? Would you suggest adding Suite 1A or something similar to the address and have the verification card resent?